Open to any location near a BA Service Office (not just Milwaukee, but preferred)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Consultation Service Technology Product Manager
LOCATION: Flexible. USA preferred in an existing BA Service hub.
REPORTS TO: Director, Maintenance + Consultation Services
The Consultation Service Technology Product Manager explores, tailors and develops market-ready technology applications to crane service applications. Currently, 3D Scanning technology will be developed to enhance our and promote our existing portfolio of consultation service products.
The product manager will assist Regional service sales teams to help maximize service product sales and ensure quality. This role focuses on filling gaps and breaking down obstacles standing in the way of sales growth; for example, technical content, instruction (SOPs), communication, etc. The position is on the Global Modernization + Service Technology team, within Business Area Service. There is regular interaction with international colleagues and some travel.
INITIAL PROJECT: 3D SCANNING TECHNOLOGY
Develop and implement the use of 3D Scanning technology within the GMST Maintenance + Consultation Services product offering. This includes:
- Assist with the development of field test plans.
- Lead field testing with regional coordination, often at customer sites.
- Proficiently utilize 3D modeling software with the capability to become fluent in building modeling (BIM).
- Apply fundamental crane engineering analysis, including the ability to work within international standards. Collaborate with internal experts as needed.
- Thorough documentation of testing results.
- Development of reports with concise, relevant information that can be utilized as standard templates to the product offering.
- Obtain feedback from key stakeholders to apply to the 3D Scanning offering. This includes global region product owners, sales and management as well as end-user customers.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure a consistent, quality product delivery.
- Collaborate with Region sales, consultation service leads and training groups to develop and champion the use of our product offering in all regions.
- Assist our Region service sales teams to help ensure that service product sales are maximized, and quality is consistent.
- Work with marketing to develop clear and relevant customer-focused materials.
- Thorough market research and regional collaboration.
- Development of creative and cost-effective solutions for customer needs while maintaining market area profit margin objectives.
- Develop the pricing strategy for the product offering with feedback from region sales, product owners and stakeholders. Assist regional sales with development of target customers, strategy and go-to market plans.
- Develop calculation analysis tools and plug-ins to simplify the process. Work with internal experts as needed.
- Think creatively and practically for new applications of the 3D scanning technology.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 3D modeling experience.
- Desire to take technologies to a marketable product.
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written.
- Systematic engineering approach.
- 25% travel anticipated with some international required.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Willingness to work hands on with our service personnel occasionally.
- Good organizational, analytical and computer skills are required.
- Ability to work in a cross-function matrix organization.
- Must possess a team-player work ethic.
EXPERIENCE: Engineering project work with 3D modeling experience. Past work experience with field service and materials handling preferred.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.