Product Assembler – 3rd Shift – Sanford, NC – (
3rd Shift Product Assembler
Our team is growing! Our Sanford, NC facility is adding a 3rd shift assembly operation in October 2019. New hires will start training on 1st shift as early as July 2019. Being a member of our team is rewarding! We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package with great opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
What else does coming to work for Caterpillar mean for you?
- Financial Rewards: 401(k) with a company match up to 6%, annual company contribution, and competitive, market based wages
- Pay for Performance: Quarterly bonus opportunities based on company performance
- Work/Life Balance: Fully paid vacation, maternity and paternity leave, and federal holidays
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement availability
- Healthy Living: Industry leading health care benefits, company paid annual physicals, and fitness activities
- Lifelong Learning: Career progression through technical and non-technical skill building
- Cultural Enrichment: Opportunity to be part of a global team and diverse employee groups
- Giving Back: United Way matching opportunities and a paid day off to volunteer in your community
* This is a 3rd shift hourly position in Sanford, NC. The starting hourly rate for this position is $15.50 an hour ($14.76 + 5% night shift premium) *
DO MEANINGFUL WORK
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AS A PRODUCT ASSEMBLER?
As a product assembler, you are a critical part of producing machines that build a better world! You would utilize standard work to assemble skid steer loaders, compact track loaders and multi terrain loaders. Your job would include, but is not limited to:
Requires an assembly, mechanical or electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of assembly practices.
Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties
Seeks out paint defects and may perform paint touch up as needed.
Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and adjustment of components and prime product.
Perform other related work duties as assigned.
Follows and utilizes CPS (Caterpillar Production Systems) principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Contributing team member
Must have effective communications skills
Mechanical job duties may include the following:
– Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs
– Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
– Operate Clayton/Sanford built products.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Previous employment or volunteer experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Manufacturing experience
- Heavy equipment machine assembly experience (ex. tractors, loaders, skid steers, etc.)
- Caterpillar product knowledge
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
- Experience working in a “team environment”
- Basic computer skills such as operating a computer in a Windows based environment
- Resumes are highly encouraged from all applicants.
- No relocation benefits are available.
- Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
– Aug 1, 2019, 3:59:00 AM
– United States-North Carolina-Sanford
– Manufacturing & Supply Chain