While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
So, what’s the role?
A day in the life could include:
- Writing strong user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop critical features
- Identifying problems to solve, gathering user research and input, and outlining proposed solutions, supported with data
- Collaborating with design to create functional prototypes for user testing and mockups for developers
- Planning ahead to ensure the team has an appropriate amount of work and fully understands sprint-level goals
- Working closely with Product Managers and Product Directors to understand and communicate the Product Roadmap and vision
- Contributing to and often leading team and stakeholder meetings
- Connecting the team’s daily work with our bigger goals at Kin
I’ve got skills…but do I have the necessary ones?
- 1-2 years relevant product experience
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers about technical features and product architecture
- A strong desire to learn about new technologies, new products, and improve the way things are done