What will you do at Ciena?
The IT Enterprise Application Procurement Lead is responsible for driving the sourcing and procurement of $20M+ in IT-related corporate software spend, including on prem and SaaS licensing, renewals, and software asset management. In this role, you will be responsible for interfacing with supplier/software publisher personnel, Ciena IT and Ciena Legal. This role will act in a consultant manner to IT to advise on vendor strategy.
- Research licensing and software product information and consult with IT on corporate enterprise software platform strategies and advise on license terms and negotiations
- Review, draft, negotiate and executer enterprise license agreement offers and procurement contracts
- Collaborate with IT, procurement and legal to understand and ensure agreements are consistent with business, financial, and risk management objectives
- Ensure that processes and procedures associated with software acquisition are followed and compliance reviews are performed.
- Consistently anticipate and guard against potential contractual risks and propose mitigation strategies
- Maintain high ethical standards in every aspect of the position and comply with company policy, laws, and regulations
- Execute licensing and procurement agreements, process supplier/publisher invoices for supported agreements, and manage supplier/publisher relationships.
- Engage in trainings to expand and strengthen licensing, product, program, and compliance knowledge.
- Bachelor degree
- 5+ years of business experience with software licensing and advanced decision-making skills.
- Background Oracle and Microsoft licensing
- Very strong negotiation skills and ability to develop win-win solutions
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Diligent and proactive with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes – both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process