Under the guidance of the Procurement Director – the Packaging buyer is responsible for ensuring packaging inventory is in stock at the right inventory level for production use.
This position owns end-to-end analysis of packaging category direct and indirect supply base to determine lowest landed cost from product set-up through purchase order placement.
This role requires a high level of proactive engagement with suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to generate market intelligence, resolve quality issues and drive supplier performance. Partners cross-functionally to drive attainment of individual, team and company goals.
The Procurement Buyer will create purchase orders and manage packaging inventories to support the production schedule. Responsibilities include:
- Create, maintain and distribute purchase orders and delivery schedule(s);
- Consult with department leaders to determine deliverable timeline(s);
- Procure packaging materials and manage inventory level(s);
- Create and update purchasing pricing as contracts are made
- Manage the daily packaging requirements for production
- Coordinate with other departments routinely, including Operations, Engineering, Quality, R&D, Warehousing, Shipping & Receiving
- Coordinate with suppliers to process packaging and supply concerns, coordinate vendor returns
- Recommend and coordinate cost reductions in all aspect of the role to meet or beat inventory budget and efficiency goals
- Work with MRP program to understand product forecasting
- Ability to be open to new categories to address business needs (example: cover Ingredient buyer, plant indirect purchase orders)
- 4 years of directly related work experience in a manufacturing environment within the CPG industry
- Packaging procurement experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of Raw board reservations with supplier and long lead time inventory management
- Facility working within ERP/APS software and strong capability with Microsoft Office suite required with emphasis on excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a high-performance team environment
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Ability to interface with wide variety of business situations and all levels of management, trade groups, conventions, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and availability to support manufacturing team (nights, weekends, certain holidays)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment that is cooled/heated
- Manufacturing environment requiring special protective clothing as required by USDA and/or the environment being worked in
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to use a keyboard and monitor for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time when required
- Must be able to travel through office and production areas
- Less than 10% domestic travel required
Documentation and Procedures
The following procedures will be performed:
- Safety Rules and GMPs in area
- Product Quality Standards
- Production Personal Protective Equipment.
Sovos Brands is a food company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today's consumers delicious food for joyful living. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Rao's Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey; and Michael Angelo's, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world's largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos Brands at www.sovosbrands.com, Rao's Homemade at www.raos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, and Michael Angelo's at www.michaelangelos.com.
We offer attractive compensation packages based upon background and experience. Package includes base salary, incentive bonus, medical benefits, 401K, and PTO. We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify. Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.