Toray Plastics (America), Inc., was founded in 1985 and consists of the Torayfan® Polypropylene Film and Lumirror® Polyester Film Divisions, located in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, and the Toraypef® Olefin Foams Division, located in Front Royal, Virginia. As the only U.S. manufacturer of precision-performance polyester, polypropylene, metallized, and bio-based films, we produce 188 million pounds of film annually for flexible and rigid packaging, lidding, graphic, industrial, optical, and electronic applications. The Toraypef Division, which invented cross-linked polyolefin foams and now also produces polypropylene and polyethylene foams, is a leading global supplier to the automotive and flooring industries. This dynamic, unified, synergistic group is relentless in its pursuit of product innovation and quality on behalf of customers. Process and product management teams engage regularly to promote a healthy cross-fertilization of ideas and systems that drive efficiencies and innovation. Plants are streamlined, technologically advanced, and equipped with the capability to add value well beyond basic film and foam production.
We have an excellent position available for a Process Engineer. The PCM Process Engineer’s primary responsibility is to support the manufacturing process and Production Team using engineering skills to assess, manage, implement, improve, or revise processes with the goal of improving the efficiency of operation, safety, and the consistency of product quality. Also, this person is to serve as a backup to the shift PCM engineer, providing vacation, weekend, & off-hour support. lead manufacturing improvement projects as part of the process control management team (PCM).
- Lead projects that improve and enhance the manufacturing process.
- Interacts closely with the New Product Development group to assist in the implementation and scale-up of new products & new processes.
- Provide engineer support ongoing site expansion.
- Monitor daily production, collecting and analyzing data in order to recognize trends and potential problem areas.
- Utilizes recognized statistical process control techniques and other measurement tools to develop, maintain and present required reports detailing the effectiveness of existing processes or supporting the need for the introduction of new processes/procedures.
- Interfaces with engineering, production, quality control and other associated areas in defining and developing required processes.
- While this is a daylight position, it does serve as backup support for gaps relating to vacation & possible weekend coverage for the shift PCM and Production teams. This role requires the ability to support 24/7 manufacturing.
- BS. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 0-5 years of practical work experience in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on project engineering and/or process engineering. Experience in plastics manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, and the ability to think both critically and theoretically
- Fundamental computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with AutoCAD & PLC programming a plus.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work in higher temperature/high humidity environments
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted directly through our website at www.toraytpa.com.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical-related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol-free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan