Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Apply your knowledge to lead and participate in the design, integration, installation and start-up of manufacturing lines for a variety of different industries. The Process/Project Engineer will be accountable for all aspects of project execution including line layout engineering, mechanical design, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, schedule management, project finances, troubleshooting, site management and installation support. This person will travel to top clients across the country to assist in the design of manufacturing processes, help manage projects, develop facilities, and impact the world by conducting themselves with integrity in pursuit of individual and enterprise goals. This role will challenge you to be a passionate and successful business family member all while expanding your technical abilities.
- Conduct process mechanical design by developing process flow diagrams and piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Create specifications for process equipment and installation
- Complete basic piping system design, pump sizing, mass & heat balances, functional & installation specification, as well as process and instrumentation & control principles
- Interface with clients on projects to maintain and grow solid client relationships
- Convert information into project documentation, manage integration of packaging automation lines and lead project teams
- Equipment procurement including developing material handlings methods
- Manage vendors and contractors
- Installation and start-up support
- Troubleshooting of equipment
- This position will require the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility with tasks and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors
- Project experience with packaging lines, automation, or manufacturing applications is preferred
- Project experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of project management fundamentals
- Strong troubleshooting experience
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD)
- Ability to travel up to 60% nationally or regionally to support installation and start-up activities, attend Client meetings, Design Group management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc