Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for supporting individuals through teaching, coaching, modeling, and accompanying individuals with disabilities so that they are involved in family, neighborhood, civic, cultural and religious activities and events. In a variety of settings, the DSP will work with individuals with varying degrees of medical and mental health diagnoses and abilities. DSP upholds dignity and respect of individual(s) served by promoting person-centered care while documenting and assisting activities of daily living in a safe and sanitary environment.
- Supports Individual(s) in tasks in a residential and/or community setting to include activities of daily living and personal care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting.
- May prepare or assist with preparing meals that promote proper nutrition, good health and meet Individual-specific dietary needs.
- May accompany individual(s) to a variety of scheduled medical appointments, completing pre/post paperwork, as needed.
- May transport or arrange for transport of individual(s), following vehicle policy and procedure and adheres to driving laws.
- Performs or assists, guides and supports housekeeping functions.
- Documents individual daily progress report in individual’s electronic health record; updates all communication logs as directed.
- Immediately reports to manager, any uncharacteristic situation(s) for appropriate direction.
- May dispense appropriate individual medication based on established policy and protocol; immediately report errors.
SUPPORT OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S SUPPORT PLAN(S)
- Supports and guides continued progress toward individual’s goals and outcomes.
- Follows any individual-specific nursing care plan or behavior plan.
- Increases independence by facilitating, and promoting individual’s engagement in and use of, community resources, facilities and activities.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, shares information and observations in the development, review, and maintenance, for individual’s support plan.
- May support, guide and encourage individual(s) to access public transportation.
- Complies with Merakey Policy and Procedures.
- Completes required documentation and correspondences in accordance with Federal, State, County, and Merakey policies and regulations.
- Follows emergency procedures as directed, i.e. Emergency Evacuation and Relocation Plan, Inclement Weather, etc.
- Performs all duties in accordance with HIPAA.
- Follows Merakey Code of Conduct.
- Completes, passes and maintains mandatory training.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all individuals and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and individuals and community members, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co- workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform other related duties and functions as required.
Apply online: www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition Number: 42585
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Age 18 or older
Valid Drivers License
High School diploma/GED
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled