Private Chef Assistant
Are you a kitchen professional who is looking to support creative kitchens on some of the leading college campuses across the country? Tired of not getting the opportunity to move up within the ranks and build upon your experience and skills? Would you love to take advantage of having major holidays off? Would you like to enjoy your summers off? If so, Campus Cooks invites you to join our team!
Campus Cooks are the experts in kitchen management and meal service for fraternities and sororities since 1995. Our professional chefs go beyond daily food preparation, in order to strengthen our belief in promoting a stronger sense of brotherhood and sisterhood through a superior meal service. Campus Cooks believes that every fraternity and sorority chapter deserves healthy, quality meals prepared by a professional well trained staff, and a meal service program that eliminates the stress of managing a kitchen for student leaders, house directors, and alumni advisors. Operating in multiple states and campuses across the country, Campus Cooks provides employees the opportunity to be creative, take managerial ownership of assigned areas and have fun all while providing the highest levels of quality and service.
This role is responsible for providing support to the Chef and maintaining kitchen safety standards. The position requires the individual to assist with food preparation, basic meal preparation, and general utility work. At times, the Assistant may be responsible for providing all food preparation and meal service independently. This position requires the level of experience and ability to self-manage and provide full service without supervision.
- Assist the Chef in creating fresh, healthy, and delicious meals
- Interact daily with students/clients providing excellent customer service
- Execute delicious meals in a timely manner in accordance with site agreement
- Maintain cleanliness and basic maintenance of kitchen spaces and equipment
- Perform dishwashing and general utility work as required
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Dependent Care
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays
- Minimal late nights and weekends
- Growth potential
- Competitive salary
- 2 to 5 years of food preparation experience
- ServSafe Certificate
- Culinary degree preferred