A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a book of business that is consistent with the team’s focus on profitable growth
- Establish, develop, and expand on broker and customer relationships
- Underwrite efficiently while ensuring appropriate analysis and documentation
- Work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multi-task, and make quick decisions while maintaining underwriting integrity
- Understand market conditions and how to respond as they evolve
- Effectively communicate BHSI’s value proposition and demonstrate leadership in the region
- Collaborate with teammates across all product lines and claims
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 4-7 years of Private and NFP or public management liability underwriting experience.
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Solid understanding of policy forms and coverage, including common broker manuscript requests
- Experience marketing to specialized brokers
- Collaborative, team focused
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; advanced degrees or professional designations a plus
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework