ReCept Pharmacy has an over 40 year tradition and history of making people feel better. Started in Fort Worth, Texas in 1978, ReCept began as a retail pharmacy focused on providing excellent customer service. Today, with pharmacies throughout the Southwest, ReCept provides a unique service model uncharacteristic of impersonal, large chain/mail order pharmacies. Exceptional customer service still drives our day-to-day activities.When it really matters, the people, products and services that ReCept provides can have a lasting positive impact on our patients’ lives.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Prior Authorization Technician at our Corporate Office in Grapevine, Texas.This position offers a competitive hourly rate of pay with flexible work hours, comprehensive benefit plan options, and 401 (K) Plan with company match.If you would like to work for an organization that is truly making a difference in the lives of others and considers their employees their most valuable assets, we invite you to submit your resume today for consideration.
Essential Functions of Position
- Assists with the Prior Authorization process.
- Performs data entry, including patient demographic, billing, medical history, and prescription information.
- Requires ability to identify specified issues and bring to the attention of Pharmacy Manager.
- Conducts customer outreach calls regarding compliance and routine matters in accordance with the patient management program.
- Effectively triages customer’s questions and needs to the appropriate staff member.
- Provides excellent customer service as evidenced by a willingness and ability to assist customers with their questions/concerns, treating customers in a friendly and helpful manner, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Upholds patients’ rights including privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current and in good standing Certified Pharmacy Technician registration from the Texas Board of Pharmacy. High School Diploma/GED required as verified by CPhT certification.
- Two to three years experience as a retail Pharmacy Technician required, with at least one year of relevant expereince processing prior authorizations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively with customers, referring physician staff, and colleagues/employees of organization.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the phone, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- Reads and accurately interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Conveys empathy and understanding when handling customer service issues.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computes rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Prior Authorizations: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Grapevine, TX (Preferred)
- Texas Pharmacy Technician Certification (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts