What you’ll be doing…
At Verizon Connect (VZConnect), we guide a connected world on the go.
We’re in it to win it. Today we’re the #1 global provider of fleet management solutions for both enterprise and small/medium businesses. Our consumer products, like Hum, create a more connected ride with vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, and Wi-Fi. And to top it off, our partnerships with major car manufacturers help us care for more drivers with our connected technologies.
As a top 20 SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Verizon Connect is looking for a Security Engineer to assist in the creation and operation of an information security architecture that defines the technology, policies, procedures and processes required to address the organization’s security needs. You will provide security services to and complement the information technology architecture while integrating with the business’s global architecture. This framework will provide for the secure operation of computing platforms, operating systems, and networks, for IT, R&D, and Production environments.
- Evaluate vendors’ product strategies and future product statements, and advise which will be most appropriate to pursue.
- Develop expertise to function as subject matter expert in multiple technical or business disciplines.
- Develop strong partnerships with business clients, application developers, software vendors and other technical resources.
- Conduct complex security policy violation investigations.
- Monitor for inappropriate utilization of computer resources.
- Provide Tier 3 incident response support in the event of a critical security incident.
- Provide system upgrade support for security operations’ technology stack.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation as required.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows Operating System vulnerabilities and secure configuration settings.
- Experience with the best practices and implementation of security devices at all levels of a typical defense in depth strategy, (e.g., Firewalls, EDR/AV, Email Security, IDS/IPS, SEIM, WAF, FIM, CASB, DLP, etc.)
- Knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application, cloud, operating system, and network security.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices and product solutions.
- Knowledge of current, popular attack vectors including phishing, drive-by downloads, exploit kits, and server exploitation.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- B.S. or advanced degree in computer science or related discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in a security engineer or similar role.
- Knowledge of encryption techniques including key management.
- Knowledge of system and network forensic tools and techniques.
- Experience working with a CASB.
- Experience working with mobile security solutions.
- Experience working with Apple products such as MacBook.
- Experience working with various DLP monitoring and prevention tools.
- CISSP, SANS, and other security related certifications.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Oral and written communications skills.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.