The Principal Security Architect will be primarily responsible to develop the security technology lifecycle management and security architecture roadmap to meet data protection requirements. This role is also responsible for design and engineer solutions to address security and technology operations issues. The security architecture and engineer program implementation should include aspects in system and application architecture definition, vision, roadmap, guideline, problem anticipation and management for the organization.
This role requires deep and diverse technical background in a variety of tools, platforms, and services. Excellent people and time management skills are critical to success in the position. The Principal Security Architect is responsible for working closely with IT and information security functions and business functions to enable technology deployment to meet business objectives and security guidelines. Additionally, this role works with information security peers to identify and make recommendations to the company management to improve the overall security stance and incident identification and response capabilities of the organization.
This position will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and collaborate closely with the other IT and Information Security functional leads and business managers to ensure integration and efficacy of security initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain thorough understanding of the organization’s technology and IT systems.
- Establish and operate enterprise security architecture strategy with alignment to enterprise architecture.
- Align technology standards and security requirements with overall business and technology strategy, and identify and communicate security gaps or threats.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge, and ensuring all personnel have technology and system access are limited to their need and role in the organization.
- Create technical solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Develop project timelines for system upgrades, enhancements, integration, and provide cost estimates.
- Train users in implementation or conversion of systems.
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conduct security breach drills.
- Respond quickly and effectively to security incidents and provide post-event analyses.
- Monitor and guide the IT and Information Security team. Cultivate a sense of security awareness, and arranging for continuous education.
- Stay up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
- Collaborate routinely with various organization functions to facilitate alignment of security requirements and business needs.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
Knowledge: Moderate to advanced working experience with and/or managing MOST of the following technologies:
- Endpoint Security (AV, Firewall, HIPS, EDR, etc.)
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Advanced Endpoint / Network Protections
- Application Whitelisting
- Vulnerability scanners
- Mobile phone security
- Web Filtering (URL and Content)
- Network IDS/IPS
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Network and Endpoint DLP
- SIEMs and Data correlation
- Anti-exploitation and host hardening
- Spam and Email Filtering
- Web Application Firewalls
- Database protection tools
- Exhibits excellent customer and service oriented behaviors in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Ability to present highly technical and complex information into “simple English” that is consumable by company senior executives.
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication of information in a manner that is understood by all.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve, and carry-out duties to ensure the optimal outcome.
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the organization.
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Cybersecurity and related field.
- 5+ years of experience mentoring people and program for large enterprises.
- 5+ years of operational management experience with security technology.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) desirable.
- CISM/CISA (Certified Information Security Manager/Auditor) desirable.
- SANS GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.