Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world’s most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Estimator/ Industrial Engineer based out of Sunnyvale, Ca.
The responsibilities of this position also include:
This is an industrial engineering position working as an estimator of factory direct and indirect labor. The successful candidate will estimate factory labor on request for proposals submitted by our customers. You will be expected to analyze specifications, statements of work, bills of material, sample layouts, etc. and calculate labor hours based on history, analogous data, or similar projects for the proposal. You will be expected to collect, maintain, and prepare cost data from internal and external organizations, create cost models for cost estimating elements, prepare cost analysis and present findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives and government price auditors. You will coordinate multiple proposal requests and provide support in fact finding meetings. You will participate in should cost and pricing reviews with management, customer representatives, and provide support to the contract negotiating team. Between active proposals the candidate will support process improvements and perform other cost savings initiatives as assigned.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- The candidate will have a background in cost estimating and manufacturing/industrial engineering. The ability to work with engineering, operations, pricing, contracts and supply chain peers is essential
- Understanding of labor and support labor relationships
- Concise communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills, a team player
- Sound reasoning and mathematical skills including an understanding of learning curve theories
- Understanding of recurring and non-recurring manufacturing labor processes and statements of work
- Ability to design, update, and implement new cost reports and/or models
- Excellent MS Office Suite experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Candidate should be familiar with the manufacturing of turbines, gears, and other components utilized by the United States Navy in their submarines and surface ships.
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Basic understanding of Risk Management, Continuous Improvement, Labor Learning impacts
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.