The Principal Data Scientist will support global Clinical Affairs within the Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV) business unit, a fast-paced, dynamic team working on innovative medical devices in the structural heart space. This is a unique opportunity to take part in an exciting new venture to create a Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) foundation for our Clinical Affairs team. This position will expose you to the emerging demand and growth of ML and AI in healthcare.
The data scientist will work directly with the lead in Business Excellence who is responsible to drive the ML and AI strategy across all related departments under the head of the Global THV Clinical Affairs (e.g. Clinical Development, Clinical Safety, Clinical Operations, Biomterics, and Clinical Project Management). The primary focus will be to apply data mining techniques, conduct statistical analysis and build high quality prediction models to solve challenging business problems.
We are hiring a data scientist with an interest in healthcare and the aptitude to solve problems that will ultimately improve patient care. The successful candidate will be one who has the knowledge and acumen for understanding how to integrate ML and AI in an organizational setting. Someone who can dive into large amounts of data and help us uncover hidden patterns that will allow us to make smarter decisions, enhance processes, and deliver better care to patients.
- Provide technical expertise to drive appropriate use of predictive modeling and algorithms to apply to data sets to drive optimization of the clinical trial experience including updating and ensuring algorithms are current
- Identify new objectives and goals to further optimize business processes and tools to develop and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Partner with different internal and external stakeholders to plan implementation meetings including testing and training machine learning models while monitoring outcomes
- Provide dashboard reporting to leadership on the effectiveness of machine learning tools and applications to help inform and drive decision-making
- Identify opportunities to leverage various sources of data to drive enhanced solutions in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the business
- Oversee data governance as it relates to machine learning implementations
- Develop a procedures and guidelines to promote the future of machine learning development within assigned BU
- Represent organization as key technical contact on vendor relationships and projects
- Interact with senior external representatives on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Basic Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biostatistics, or Scientific field
- Experience in industry or industry and academia
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience
- Experience with machine learning techniques (e.g., clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate large data sets
- Experience in data visualization tools (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with using web services (e.g., Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning model development, and/or Control Systems
- Proven expertise on MS Office Suite (e.g., Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Excellent and successful project management skills
- Expert understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
E dwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.