Job ID: 245619
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Press Brake Operator job entails setting up and operating brake, shearing machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Layout patterns that use materials most efficiently, some using computerized metalworking equipment
- Layout, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Using basic mathematics to solve problems and or layouts
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or fabricate objects
- Knowledge of brake and shearing machines and tools
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques and working with various sheet metals
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Need good hand-eye coordination to make precise cuts and bends in metal pieces.
- Some jobs require workers to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.