$15 – $20 an hour
Willow Creek Co-Operative Preschool (WCCP) is a non-profit co-operative preschool located in Westland, MI. The school relies heavily on the parent/teacher relationship and offers classes for children ages two through five. At WCCP, children learn cooperative play, following directions and meeting wonderful friends. The school follows the Wayne/Westland School District calendar and schedule during snow emergencies.
WCCP is seeking a Preschool Program Director, Lead Teacher who is experienced in a co-operative environment.
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, or one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child-related field with 18 semester hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and 480 hours of experience
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and 480 hours of experience
- Montessori credential with 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and 960 hours of experience.
- Valid CDA credential with 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and 960 hours of experience.
- 60 semester hours with 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, and 1,920 hours of experience.
- CPR and First Aid certified, or ability to become certified (certification paid for by WCCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers, parents and children
- Attend setup, orientation, open-house and year-end sessions, “meet the teacher” events, and class outings
- Coordinate and lead parent-teacher conferences
- Develop and maintain a curriculum suitable for pre-K classes to prepare children for future success as they enter Kindergarten
- Maintain a nurturing and safe environment for children while creating a fun and interactive learning experience
- Develop a positive and structured classroom environment that engages students and motivates them to succeed.
- Enrich the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of the preschool child
- Support parent understanding and awareness of their child and their relationship with their peers
- $15-$20/hour, dependent upon qualifications
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Paid training and certification
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Co-operative Preschool: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDA (Preferred)
- CPR and First Aid (Preferred)