We are currently seeking a Preschool Director for our ITERS/ECERS 5-Star and NAEYC accredited preschool. This is a salaried position with bonus opportunities. The term is year-round, covering both the academic year and six-week summer camp.
The Preschool Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the school. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain compliance with accreditations and licensing regulations, including health and safety practices
- Implement school policies and budget, as set by the Board of Directors
- Manage fiscal operations including payroll, tuition invoicing, supply purchasing and bill paying
- Arrange for building maintenance and repairs, as needed
- Implement developmentally-appropriate, play-based curriculum and stay abreast of best practices
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and review staff
- Recruit and retain families including giving tours, meeting with parents, and updating e- newsletter and social media accounts
- 3 or more years of experience in management and education, including strong financial and computer skills
- B.A./B.S. in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or other related degree
- Qualify as a Level III Early Childhood Administrator
- Clear criminal background check
- Adult/Child CPR & First Aid Certification; if not current, must obtain within 3 months of hire
- Have a valid NC Driver’s License
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 30 days of school closings during the school year due to religious and secular holidays
- Flexible office hours around the core day of 9am-1pm
- 2 weeks vacation plus 2 weeks paid time off
- Professional coaching and reimbursement for qualified continuing education courses
- Preschool tuition discounts
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours to attend school fundraising events and quarterly Board meetings.
Hillel Preschool is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you qualified as a Level III Early Childhood Administrator?
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance