We are looking for an experienced cook to create homestyle, nutritional meals and snacks in the boundaries of the school budget, as well as meeting state and federal nutritional requirements. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in time-management, flexible to help others and willing maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and safety of food preparation. Our candidate must be caring, compassionate and love what they do! Previous experience in a childcare facility a plus!
- Food Preparation: Must be skilled in food preparation to serve nutritious and delicious meals and snacks for children. Cook quality meals-to-order that are inspected, tested, and served on-time.
- Food Safety: Knowledge of children allergies'both food and milk. Have an in-depth knowledge of food processing and safety with the ability to operate standard and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Clean Work Environment: Maintain the highest standards of food and kitchen hygiene to keep the center's kitchen clean and safe.
- Planning and Management: Able to adhere to precise instructions from the Center Director, while maintaining the inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food service.
- Experience within a childcare setting.
- Must pass all state required background checks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the floor, and standing for long periods of time.
- The ideal candidate will be a dependable team player and willing to help out around the center.
- Dedicated to the children and families that we serve.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.
Nice To Haves
Apply here: https://bbmacademy.com/careers/?gh_jid=4183414003
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! Our benefits for eligible, full time employees include health, dental, vision, and life insurance along with childcare discounts, referral credits and PTO along with voluntary benefits for short-term disability, an accident plan, and critical illness/cancer plans. BBMA offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education. Compensation is competitive depending on educational attainment and years of experience.
At Big Blue Marble Academy, we understand what developing minds need to be successful in preschool and in life. Research shows that the first five years of a child's life are transformative for growing children's minds and developing their social-emotional skills. Whether you're looking for early care, daycare, preschool, or after-school care, we've designed our programs around what your child needs for their age and stage of development.
At the core of our curriculum is a focus on global education, which enhances children's perspective and understanding of the world outside their community. We teach children the importance of giving back and helping others in need, through hands-on activities and "Heart Projects." We provide the structure children need, while also encouraging their natural curiosity and love of learning. Big Blue Marble Academy provides a true home away from home for your child.