Hiring All Positions ASAP!
Must be able to work weekends Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Holiday’s
Cooks and seasons soups, meats, vegetables and other food items for all guests of Farmer’s Table.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures food from storage.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sauces, casseroles and all other food items.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking to ensure proper flavor according Farmer’s Table standards.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Sets up work station to ensure efficient amount, freshness and quality.
- Assists in other kitchen duties as necessary for success of the operation.
- Breaks down and cleans work station at the end of shift
- Ensures that kitchen is clean before leaving.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Exhibits and maintains a professional demeanor to reflect a positive image Farmer’s Table.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Sous Chef.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to cook and work in a kitchen environment.
- Ability to communicate well in English and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to interact professionally and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers and members.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate well in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Serve Safe Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
951 US-1, North Palm Beach, FL 33408, USA