The prep cook is responsible for the timely and quality preparation of food and products to be utilized in the restaurants standards of excellence. The prep cook must adhere to the established food production programs and procedures of the restaurant. Prep cooks must comply with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards. The prep cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
The prep cook works closely with their Kitchen Manager to insure that the following key results areas will be successfully achieved:
- Perfect Execution
- Operational Excellence
- Sanitation & Cleanliness
Prep cooks will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Preps assigned items according to the prep lists and par levels set by Kitchen Manager.
- Communicates with kitchen team throughout the shift regarding status of orders and availability of product.
- Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes. Cuts and/or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Uses scale to ensure proper portioning of food items.
- Minimizes waste of products.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Maintains prep area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Stocks/restocks items on line according to the restaurants specifications.
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Logs and discards all product not used by the end of the shift on the “use by” date.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Assists in an entire kitchen team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
Prep cooks will be responsible for a diverse prep list at the restaurant. It is the expectation that each prep cook will be validated in the following areas:
- Cold Prep
- Hot Prep
- Meat Prep
A successful prep cook from outside the organization will have the following experience levels:
- No restaurant experience is necessary. A minimum of six months of kitchen
experience would be preferred.
A successful prep cook from outside the organization must have the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Will spend 100% of the time standing, walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, fingering, reaching, squatting, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Will transport and carry objects, such as food, bus tubs, racks, boxes, and trays, up to 60 pounds, for 80% of the shift.
- Must be able to speak the primary language of the restaurant, appropriate to its location.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to Guests and other Team Member s.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
A successful prep cook will work in an active kitchen environment. This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
- Clean Jeans or Black Kitchen Pants
- Clean Company Issued BOH T-Shirt
- Closed Toe non Slip Shoes
- You may wear your team’s Jersey on Sundays
- Baseball Cap
Brand: Accomplice Beer Company
Address: 115 W. 15th Street Cheyenne, WY – 82001
Property Description: WY 9 WRCH Accomplice
Property Number: 9