The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) currently has a Pre-ETS Transition Specialist position in the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Division. This position is based in the Salina DCF Service Centers and will earn $17.39/hr.
As a Pre-ETS Transition Specialist, you will:
- Provide Pre-ETS services as described on the Pre-ETS service plan for eligible students. The Transition Specialist is expected to thoroughly document activities with each student and maintain accurate and timely data in the KMIS Pre-ETS module. Pre-ETS services provided to groups of students will be documented and reported as required. The Pre-ETS Transition Specialist is responsible to coordinate transition services with local area workforce youth programs.
- Conduct and document Pre-ETS outreach and education activities in assigned school districts and/or special education co-ops including, but not limited to, outreach to transition personnel, special education teachers, building administrators with knowledge of section 504 eligible students, students with disabilities and their parents, foster parents and/or guardians.
- Respond timely to referrals and requests for Pre-ETS services for Pre-ETS eligible or potentially eligible students and assess their needs, collect any necessary releases of information and make other referrals as appropriate. Make referrals as appropriate to the traditional vocational rehabilitation (VR) program to include development of a referral package to aid in timely determination of eligibility for VR and service needs. Provide Pre-ETS related progress reports to VR counselors as appropriate to ensure smooth and effective VR transition services.
- Document and determine Pre-ETS eligibility, create a file and enter required DATA in KMIS Pre-ETS module. Develop a Pre-ETS services plan with the eligible student, their legal representative and any other support individuals the student requests and implement the plan, to include as appropriate the 5 required services: job exploration counseling; work-based learning experiences; counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs at institutions of higher education; workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living; and instruction in self-advocacy. Optional Pre-ETS services may be provided as authorized by the Pre-ETS Manager.
- Attend and participate in transition IEP meetings as invited and appropriate. Maintain strong professional relationships with school district and co-op transition related personnel to ensure effective transition for eligible students from school to employment, post-secondary education and/or the VR program. Participate in job related training and education to ensure current knowledge of the VR program, special education transition and other needed skills and knowledge.
- Five years of experience interviewing, investigating, compiling information, documenting decisions, interpreting guidelines and/or providing technical assistance relevant to the agency's programs.
- Post-secondary education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years working with student and/or adults with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit an application at www.jobs.ks.gov. Please call 620-860-7290 if you have any questions about the recruitment process.
The Department for Children and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.39 per hour