Manage the administrative, business and service functions of a busy, multi-doctor, multi-species ambulatory veterinary practice for optimum quality service delivery and efficiency. Responsibilities include: the development and supervision of office and technical support staff; management of scheduling for routine and emergency appointments; management of client relations. Directly responsible for the improvement and effective execution of business and financial operations, including client billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory. As a member of senior leadership team, shared responsibility for strategic planning and budgeting.
- The following required knowledge and skills as typically acquired by completing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five years of successful management or supervisory experience in client-centered, fast-paced small business environment. Experience and aptitude in small business management accounting and budgeting. Positive, professional and service-oriented attitude. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient using MS Excel, Word and calendaring software.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new business management skills and software, including our commercial practice management system (Impromed) and Tufts U. enterprise system (People Soft). Prior successful supervisory experience. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Credit and collections experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, and MS Word.
- Strong analytical ability to review, produce, and manage accurate financial reports and analyses
- Experience with business management software
- Ability to prioritize your own and staff members’ work
- Work effectively with frequent interruptions and able to multi-task
- Veterinary medical practice, medical office and/or farm management experience preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Work schedule may vary depending on staffing needs or other requirements.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Woodstock
Organization: Env & Pop Health-Cummings-Vet
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2019, 8:27:25 AM