Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
This is responsible journey level skilled work in the maintenance and repair of specialized power plant equipment, apparatus and fixtures. Work involves the responsibility for the performance of a variety of repair and maintenance tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy and precision. Assignments are made to specific jobs and may include sketches, blueprints, oral and/or written instructions. Work is usually performed independently, with guidance or assistance given by the supervisor on difficult and complex jobs. Work is inspected upon completion for proper performance and accuracy of results.
- Maintaining, monitoring, and servicing station equipment and systems. (Examples: boilers, turbines/generators (both fossil fuel and combine cycle units), fans, coal conveying and treatment systems, ash handling systems, and other station equipment.
- Continuously monitor station parameters and quickly take corrective action to prevent loss of generation, efficiency and reliability.
- Ensure that the units and the emission control equipment are maintained to prevent excess emissions.
- Troubleshoot systems/equipment and recommend course of action to the foreman or team leader on deteriorating trends or conditions.
- Perform maintenance on equipment systems and handle emergency repairs or maintenance as necessary.
- Take an active role in contributing to station profitability by eliminating wasted materials and supplies and maintain high personal productivity.
- Work in a team environment; establish good working relations with teammates, team leaders, foreman, and operations personnel.
- Ownership for areas such as preventive maintenance/predictive maintenance, performance, safety, training and the business process.
- Accountable for learning and adhering to all environmental and safety procedures including red tagging and personal protective equipment.
- Experience with lifting and rigging techniques. Experience with basic crane operation.
- Must possess a clean background
- Must possess a clean & valid State driver’s license
- Must maintain a valid telephone number
- May be required to pass and maintain qualification for:
- Respiratory Protection Physical
- Pulmonary Function
- Qualitative and Quantitative Fit Test(s)
May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled