Summary : Monitoring, operating, and maintaining all equipment on the site utility plant. Equipment consists of switchgear, load centers, associated HMI (Human Machine Interface) systems, steam and hot water boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, valves and auxiliary equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Have or have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly Clearance and comply with all background investigation requirements.
- Operate and maintain SCADA, Power Quality Monitoring, EMCS, and Industrial Chilled Water Controls
- Responsible for the proper operation of the boiler, air compressor and chiller systems. Monitors equipment and systems performance and makes required adjustments to maintain plant production within specified limits. Accurately takes and logs gauge and meter readings.
- Performs complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of facilities and building equipment, systems, structures and hardware, including air handlers, domestic water, chilled water, hot water, steam, building exhaust, compressed air, controls, lighting, electrical, security systems, fire systems, etc.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance as scheduled. Notifies Operations Supervisor of issues in the plant.
- Evaluates problems with equipment, plans repairs and modification to equipment, locates original or alternate parts to be ordered.
- Responds to emergency situations, and is able to perform pre-determined emergency actions to place the plant back in a safe condition
- Reads local indicators/gauges and/or computer consoles at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Utilizes manual, automatic and computerized controls to bring equipment into prescribed operating ranges.
- Logs equipment problems and informs supervisor of items needing repair.
- Maintains records of operating conditions and actions taken.
- Assists in the performance of functional/operational tests to evaluate equipment/systems capability and reliability.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures including appropriate safety precautions.
- Works rotating shifts, and some weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
- Position eligible for relocation bonus
Salary Rate: $35.30 to $42.80/hour + Fringe
Fluor is proud to offer industry leading benefits program that includes access to the following;
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Portable Term Life
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Life Assistance Program
401(k) with matching program
Supplemental voluntary programs
Positions covered by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon Act will comply with the statute requirements.
To be Considered Candidates:
Basic Job Requirements
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum 2 years of on the job or military equivalent experience with plant operations, industrial equipment and controls.
Other Job Requirements
- Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Driver’s License
- Current EPA Refrigeration License or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Current Stationary Engineering License (Transferrable), or ability to obtain within 2 years
- U.S. citizen
- Desired experience with utility plant systems and associated operations.
- Desired experience or ability to learn either electrical distribution; HVAC; Chillers and Boilers; etc
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.