What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It’s our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
The primary purpose of this position is to process policy and policy-related transactions to ensure they mirror the product sold to Markel’s customer. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, handle high volume workloads, and work in a team environment while maintaining a high accuracy rate. This associate must have a solid understanding of the processing guidelines, various policy administration systems, various imaging systems, and have the ability to support multiple Wholesale product lines. This associate works under direct supervision following standard processing procedures.
- Monitor email box(es) and/or other workflow queues for timely processing of incoming work in an effort to maintain departmental service and accuracy standards.
- Ability to support multiple Wholesale product lines and systems and be able to stay up-to-date on any product line changes and continue to support the product line as it grows and changes without disruption to service.
- Accurately enter policy data and/or issue policy and policy-related documents in various policy administration, issuance and imaging systems while maintaining or exceeding departmental production goals and accuracy standards.
- Assist with the investigation and/or correction of billing and other accounting-related matters.
1-2 years work experience with some college education or insurance experience preferred
Work Experience/Skill Set:
- Comfortable with high volume workloads
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy focused
- Ability to recognize priority tasks and be able to adjust accordingly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Solid understanding of systems, workflows, and guidelines for assigned product lines
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.