ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
- First line lead for employees.
- Review data entry of police reports for accuracy/completeness.
- Lead the Telephone Reporting Unit (TRU) and front counter.
- Prioritize and assign duties as needed.
- Process high profile Open Records requests.
- Maintain quality control by random daily review of reports, data entry, NIBRS reports, protective orders, payroll entry, validation, scanning, etc.
- Daily review of name files to ensure proper consolidation of duplicate files and reviewing of dash cam videos.
- Maintain internal/external customer relations by resolving problems or referring citizens to the appropriate department.
- Assist detective/supervisors on case files as needed.
- Enter offense reports, supplemental reports, additional loss, TRU generated, alarms, protective orders and NIBRS data.
- Provide direct training to new employees with biweekly/yearly evaluations.
- Meet with customers or other agencies regarding release of records.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires an Associate’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience
- A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
- TLETS (NCIC/TCIC) certification within 6 months of hire
- Notary public license within 6 months of hire
- A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.