NOW ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS!
The Fayetteville Police Department is currently accepting applications for:
- Inexperienced applicants
- Applicants hired as inexperienced Police Officers will attend the January 2020 Academy.
- BLET certified candidates
- Lateral Officers with two years of experience
- Sworn law enforcement officers with more than two years full time service with their current agency are considered Lateral Entry officers. The City of Fayetteville has a step plan which consists of entry level to 13 steps. A Lateral Entry Officer is eligible to receive credit for full years of service as a sworn law enforcement officer based upon the quality, complexity and nature of that experience, including completed training, up to step 13 of the Police Officer pay plan.
The City of Fayetteville offers a competitive salary and benefits package to law enforcement officers. Information regarding the salary and benefits are listed below.
Salary $34,489.00- $59,099.00 per year – Experienced police officer starting salary to be determined by the applicants previous certified full time law enforcement experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Education incentives – additional Pay for Education: BA Degree – $2,500/year, AS Degree – $1,250/year
- Uniforms and state of the art equipment provided
- Opportunities for Specialized assignments
- And much more
To learn more about incentives offered by the City of Fayetteville we invite you to tour our Police Department recruitment site at www.joinfaypd.com. By visiting this site, you may also find detailed information on requirements and the hiring process.
Orientation is not mandatory, but strongly recommended BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION. If you have not attended an orientation session, your application can be saved and submitted after attending orientation. Below is a link to FPD Recruiting Calendar page where dates and times of when orientation is offered.
Click here to view the FPD Recruiting Calendar.
Selection process will include an initial application screening, a written test, a physical agility test, a panel interview and a background investigation. Selected candidates must also complete psychological, polygraph and medical examinations prior to hire.