Opower Platform & Tools Product Manager
About the Job
At Opower, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help lead our strategy and prioritization for web-based energy management software, working closely with some of our largest utility clients to shape and accelerate our product roadmap.
We’re looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams and user experience designers. Our product managers are product owners and you’ll have end-to-end ownership of your product space, and be responsible for strategy, execution, and go-to-market.
- Own the vision and roadmap for our User interface tools that drive our web technology and outbound communications software.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to understand the needs of our utility clients and drive adoption of our products.
- Work closely with UX designers to understand and articulate the needs of utilities customers and internal stakeholders to design products that will be adopted, understood, and easily used.
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives, and develop business plans, product plans, and success metrics to make the case for investment.
- Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions.
- Deeply learn about and understand the technologies used at Opower.
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions.
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- 3-5+ years as a Product Manager or working in an organization that supports SaaS products.
- Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience managing software projects through various cycles of product management planning and implementation.
- Understanding of common martech products and strategies
- Proficient in wireframing using your tool of choice (Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Experience leading collaborative workshops with clients and internal stakeholders.
Locations: 1) Arlington, VA / 2) San Francisco, CA
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.