Careers that Change Lives
The Surgical Innovations Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment.
- Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding.
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Uses hand and power tools.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
Hours: 7am – 3pm, 8 hours with flexibility as needed
- Minimum of 8 years of experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)