We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values .
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation , creativity and collaboration . Put simply, if you’re looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career .
About the Job
The Planner will act as a trusted partner to support brand/category strategy. This Planner will be an essential team member; with financial experience and knowledge of the Retail market to inform the retail buy plans. Can identify important business issues and take the initiative to investigate and provide analysis on opportunities and risks in the business. You will work with the merchant and allocation management partners to ensure end-to-end strategy execution and line productivity.
- Collaboration with Retail Merchants to develop customer segment productivity targets (assortment architecture)
- Develop bottom-up sales and inventory plans, informing financial and inventory decisions
- Support implementation of in-season activities within the team including forecasts and retail sales
- Review monthly retail forecast and reconcile against plans
- Manage reconciliation between bottom-up plans and tops down targets
- Collaborate with partners to ensure consistent in-season allocation and replenishment
- Manage in-season profitability to achieve or exceed seasonal performance
- Collaborate Retail Merchants to manage product life-cycle
- Support Retail Planning Manager to recommend profitable inventory decisions
- Conduct quantitative analysis to increase line profitability—monetize new opportunities and identify risks
- Perform analysis on seasons’ financial and assortment performance to develop next seasons’ inventory plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree, however a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- 2+ years of Planning experience
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities and excels in a fast paced environment
- Build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of partners, mainly the team
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with diverse teams. Ability to adjust communication style to provide information and direction
- Be an independent problem solver , and excel in an environment without extensive resources and with high ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Communicate important financial measures, and how they are used in essential systems/tools.
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel and open to new systems
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Communication across all channels with an ability to get the message across
- You have an energetic , positive , helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
The Company’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment .
1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111