PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF), one of the largest independent refiners in North America, has an immediate need for a talented Pipeliner our Torrance Logistics Company, Vernon location.
Ability to physically perform pipeline maintenance work as directed. Must understand and work in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT), state and federal regulations and accept accountability for work performed. Ensure compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies, and regulatory agencies. Possess the ability to perform relief work as necessary for daily operations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and compliance of DOT, EHS, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as applicable to position
- Maintain a consistent safe work ethic and EHS record.
- Maintains local, state, federal, EHS, and company records applicable to position.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and EHS record.
- Competent in making pipeline repairs and alterations.
- Expected to respond to call outs 24Hr, 7days per week.
- Maintain current knowledge of pipeline/station operations.
- Ability to read and understand flow charts and pipeline system drawings.
- Possess the ability to relieve Station Operators, Gaugers, Damage Prevention Technicians, Lead Pipeliner, Dockers, Assistant Terminal Operators, Lead Terminal Operators or other positions as operations mandate. (Note: some positions are rotating shifts)
- Assist in routine and non-routine maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning of stations, valve sites, pipeline right of ways, and terminal facilities.
- Assist with DOT required inspections.
- Assist with any other pipeline or terminal related duties as assigned.
- Meet assigned job and compliance deadlines.
- Assures maintenance work is accomplished with minimum down time to operations.
- Assist in Pipeline Inspection Gauge (PIGS) installations and retrievals.
- Replace valves and gaskets inside station terminals, oil/gas facilities, and underground enclosed vaults.
- Assist with ship/barge berthing and mooring.
- Utilization of tools: shovels, post hole diggers, probes, air compressors, winches, forklifts etc…
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively within his/her job function.
- Capable of forward thinking and planning daily work responsibilities.
- Possess intermediate level computer knowledge– Excel, Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Valid Ca. Driver’s license and ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Ability to successfully complete Haz-Mat training, DOT operator qualifications, and computer based training modules.
- Ability to work in moderate to heavy physically demanding working conditions including working outdoors in extreme heat, cold, rain, at heights, and in confined spaces.
- Possess the skill of being a self-starter and accept accountability for work ethic.
- Maintain a high regard for working safely as outlined in EHS policies.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Capable of initiating emergency response procedures.
- Working knowledge of DOT, EHS, and OSHA regulations/standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Spill Prevention Controls and Counter measure plan.