Under supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, the Staff Physical Therapy Assistant helps carry out treatment interventions as directed by the Physical Therapists. The Staff PTA also performs designated routine tasks related to the operation of the department. Demonstrates competency in skills necessary to provide quality service/care to the primarily adolescent, adult and geriatric age patients in an acute care and outpatient setting or acute inpatient rehabilitation unit setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution in physical therapy education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and over 1 to 3 years of experience required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills required.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills required.
- Effective interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions required.
- Competency in the use of a variety of computer hardware and software systems required.
- Possesses familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Physical Therapist Assistant, licensed upon hire, required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire required.