Physical Therapist Assistant – AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Based on the findings and goals established by the Physical Therapist evaluation, the Therapist Assistant implements an individualized treatment plan of care utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient’s needs. Modifies treatment plan as appropriate based upon on-going assessments and consultation with the Physical Therapist.
- Collects patient data and communicates to the Physical Therapist regarding discharge recommendations when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to the standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patients accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file and according to insurance guidelines.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for assigned patient age population. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Interprets data relative to patient age. Modifies approach and communication skills appropriate to the patient served, which may include: Neonate/Infant (birth < 1), Pediatric (1 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65 + yrs).
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist Assistant*
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.