Implements specific treatment programs for patients under the direction of the physical therapist and in collaboration with the health care team and according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Administers Physical Therapy patient care programs, as planned with and directed by the Referring/Supervising Physical Therapist:
- Assists the referring Physical Therapist when performing tests, evaluations and/or complex treatment procedures, whenever necessary
- Confers on a regular basis with the Supervising/Referring Physical Therapist in order to progress the patient’s program effectively.
- Reviews short and long term goals and their specific time frames:
- Addresses completion of goals with the supervising therapist.
- Recommends to the physical therapist when to reassess goals
- Directs and assists patients in therapeutic interventions that focus on posture, locomotion strength, endurance, cardiopulmonary function, balance, coordination, joint mobility, flexibility, pain, healing and repair, and functional abilities in daily living, including work.
- Documents the patient’s progress in the patient’s medical record in accordance with departmental procedure.
- In collaboration with the referring Physical Therapist, develops and implements appropriate patient discharge plan including but not limited to: home exercise programs, equipment, patient/family education, referral to community services.
- Writes formal, progress and/or discharge summary notes in collaboration with and co-signature of supervising/referring therapist on a timely basis.
- Communicates regularly with physicians, nursing staff and interdisciplinary team members, individually, and through team meetings to ensure efficient coordination of the overall health care plan.
- Submits charges for all services, supplies and adaptive equipment provided to the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program with an Associate’s Degree.
- New Graduate will be considered.
- Professional membership and development of career goals encouraged.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant by the state of New Hampshire Office of Allied Health Professionals.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Schedule: Per Diem
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Non Manager