Therapy Assistant (PTA and OTA)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) works as part of a team to provide therapy services under the direction and supervision of the licensed therapist. PTA/OTA’s implement selected components of patient/client interventions (treatment), obtain data related to the interventions provided, and make modifications in selected interventions either to progress the patient/client as directed by the therapist or to ensure patient/client safety and comfort.
- Follows their respective discipline’s state practice act where the facility is located
- Monitors patient response to intervention and consults with Physical Therapist if modification is indicated.
- Adheres to department and patient schedule and modifies as appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Provides /recommends / fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment; trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Assist with supervision of rehabilitation aide for patient management and can assist rehab with maintenance program
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Therapy services.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility / company safety standards.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed to practice as a PTA/OTA therapy in the state of facility.
- Licensed Therapist
- Facility Director of Rehabilitation
- Facility Administrator