Department: Physical Therapy
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Performs supportive patient related and non-patient related tasks as directed by professional staff. Follows the policies and procedures of the department and hospital
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills: Ability to apply appropriate body mechanics and use of assistive equipment in all patient transfers.
Experience: On the job training experience in treatment set-ups, ordering supplies and guarding techniques.
Certification: AHA CPR/AED Certificate or BLS Certification are required within 90 days of start date.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintains working areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Stores maintains and changes linen.
- Prepares and cleans hydrotherapy equipment in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Assists with patient transfers from all surfaces.
- Uses proper guarding techniques while ambulating patients.
- Assist therapists with dressing changes for patients requiring wound care.
- Follows Infection Control Procedures
- Measures, adjusts and instructs patients in basic crutch walking.
- Prepares, patients for specific treatment, including transporting to and within the department.
- Assists in toileting of patients as directed by professional staff.
- Report safety hazards to Administrative Director or Supervisor
- Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies for the department.
- Incorporates physiological age of patients into overall plan for delivery of patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Complies with Hospital dress code policy and maintains professional appearance.
- Provides proper notification for absence and tardiness.
- Performs other duties as assigned and within the scope of training