CommuniCare Rehab, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies has a PRN position available for a Physical Therapist Assistant ( PTA ) at Holbrook Healthcare Center.Our therapists are in-house and members of the CommuniCare family.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities live with increased independence to use public transportation and increase their mobility independence.
- Implements treatment plan through direct treatment and collaboration with Physical Therapist, education of treatment staff which includes fellow therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan.
- Receive necessary supervision from the Physical Therapist.
- Maintain professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility and rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Assist in leading interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meeting when appropriate.
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab department and facility.
- Assist with staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services as well as consultations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Physical therapist assistant (PTA) education, obtained in a CAPTE-accredited two-year associate degree program
- Agree to abide by the APTA Practice Standards/Code of Conduct
- Attain a passing score on the national licensure examination
- Holds a current state license/certification
- Competency in therapy treatment principles, techniques, materials and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of state and federal accreditation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary
183 Holbrook Rd, Buckhannon, WV 26201, USA