COMPANY: Azul Therapy Services, Inc.
POSITION: Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA
8785 SW 165 Avenue, Suite 101, Miami FL, 33193
2140 West Flagler Street, Suite 102, Miami FL, 33135
4236 West 16th Avenue, Hialeah FL, 33012
POSITION TYPE: Schedule base Operation’s needs
HOURS: Monday-Saturday based on the needs of the Operation
SALARY RANGE: from $20.00 to $ 30.00 per service, base on experience.
The Physical Therapist Assistants, PTA; Promotes and maintains health by providing Physical Therapy services under the supervision of a Physical Therapist. Help and assist Physical Therapists in the treatment of patients of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Provide patients care through exercise, massage, gait and balance training, and other therapeutic interventions under the direction and supervision of Physical Therapists. Record patients' progress and report the results of each treatment to the Physical Therapist.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main duties and responsibilities such as and not limited to:
- Follow the instructions and supervision of the Physical Therapists.
- Prepare each patient's therapy.
- Observe patients before, during, and after therapy.
- Determine patient’s status and report it to a physical therapist.
- Treat patients using a variety of physical therapy techniques, such as not limited to massage and stretching.
- Help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care.
- Help patients who need assistance moving to or from a treatment area.
- Use devices and equipment, such as not limited to walkers and wheelchairs.
- Educate patients and family members about what to do after treatment.
- Keep the treatment area clean and organized.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as not limited to answering phones, scheduling treatment sessions, filling out insurance forms and ordering supplies.
- Ensure that the patients are always in a safe and positive environment.
- Participate in team meetings and training workshops.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Follow the policies and procedures of Azul Therapy Services, Inc.
- Compliance with the Federation of States Boards of Physical Therapy and Florida Board of Physical Therapy.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Follow the Local, State and Federal Laws.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
Education: State of FloridaPhysical Therapy Assistant, PTA License and Certification – Required
Good Physical Stamina – Required
Providers: Medicaid Provider – Required.
Valid driver’s license – Required.
Valid car insurance – Required.
Own reliable transportation – Required.
AHCA Background Screening Level 2 – Required.
Experience: At least 1+ year of experience in Health Care and Physical Therapy related fields – Preferred.
Communication Skills: Bilingual (English/Spanish) – Preferred.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong team and individual skills.
- Proficiency with computer programs.
- Strong diplomatic skills (ability to listen, empathize and respond to clients, caretakers and family members’).
- Positive approach and enthusiasm.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
Azul Therapy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Azul Therapy Services, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Miami, FL 33135 (Preferred)
- State of Florida Physical Therapy Assistant (Required)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- One location
Hours per week: