Join one of the top therapy providers in the US as we revolutionize the industry! As a physical therapy assistant at TMC, you will contribute to and implement individualized plans of care under the supervision of licensed therapists. You will work as an integral part of the interprofessional team to provide education to patients, families, and staff and assist in all levels of care planning and transitions. We believe in a proactive approach to intervention that focuses on the unique role of rehabilitation in the prevention of declines and complications before they happen, as well as the utilization of evidence-based approaches to care that deliver superior patient outcomes. TMC has ample opportunities for growth for both clinical skills and leadership development.
Apply for this job online
- Assists the licensed physical therapist in carrying out procedures and programs.
- Performs routine treatment procedures in accordance with the planned program.
- Perform clinical functions: screens, execution of treatment plans, and delivery of treatment under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist in accordance with Medicare and state guidelines, as well as facility and TMC's policies and procedures.
- Reports any pertinent findings to the licensed physical therapist.
- Maintains records required by practice setting, third-party payers, and regulatory agencies under the supervision of a license physical therapist.
- Participates in educational activities of the facility.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Participates in organizational activities and committees.
- Provides training for restorative aides, as needed, regarding physical therapy treatments as necessary and appropriate at the time of treatment under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment, and supply inventory as required.
- Maintains records and documentation required by work settings under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Terminates services formulating discontinuation and follow-up plans when maximum benefit is received under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Communicates with patient's physician as necessary regarding patient's progress, treatments, etc., in consultation with the supervising physical therapist.
- Contributes to program planning and development in collaboration with a licensed physical therapist.
- Functions according to the APTA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the profession.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Licensed by the State in the designated geographic area in his/her respective therapy profession.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the following tasks without posing a threat to the health or safety of him/herself, co-workers, caregivers, or patient; lift, turn, move position, and transport the patient into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a minimum of minimal assist transfer. Minimal assist transfers are defined for purposes of this document as the ability to lift and control 50 pounds.
TMC is an equal opportunity employer.