Continuum Rehab Group, an in-house rehab management company, is currently seeking Physical Therapist Assistant to join our team at our SNF in San Antonio, TX!
Responsible for assisting Physical Therapist in helping patients recover and rehabilitate from the effects of a serious illness, injury or medical event, regaining their own best possible level of functional ability, well-being and independence. Provides support services to improve strength and function, restore more efficient movement, improve flexibility and aid patients in restoring mobility and/or improving balance and gait after hip fractures and other orthopedic injuries, medical illness, or as they recover from joint replacement procedures.
- Provide support care of residents who seek short-term/transitional care with the goal to recover and rehabilitate from the effects of serious illness, injury or medical event, regaining their own best possible level of functional ability, well-being and independence.
- Assist in providing appropriate aspects of quality patient care, under the supervision of licensed therapists.
- Document all services provided to ensure accurate and timely billing of therapy services.
- Assures that patient care follows the established Plan of Care, the organization s guidelines, meets professional standards, community needs and is in compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, identifies and develops a comprehensive plan of care; Develops and implements individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce and enhance performance.
- Identify need for and makes referral to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of the patient under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Assist in the instruction, education and training of patients and caregivers in the skills and functions essential for promoting patient independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
- Support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
- Prepares for upcoming therapy sessions by organizing the treatment locations based on the patient’s needs.
- Cleans therapy area and set up any needed and necessary equipment.
- Watches the patient’s development during therapy sessions and make notes on how the patient is responding. Therapists and physical therapy assistants use these notes and reports to evaluate the usefulness and helpfulness of specific treatments for patients.
- Evaluate a patient's condition, develop a treatment plan under the supervision of a Physical Therapist; instruct the nursing staff and the patient's families on follow-through programs that build on the progress they've made.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Performs age appropriate competency skills, as guided by a Physical Therapist, in area of practice and with respect to individual patients’ problems.
- Follow intervention protocols and alter plan of care appropriately.
- Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity is no longer warrants intervention as instructed by Physical Therapist or Director of Rehabilitation.
- Works cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Identifies problems and partners with supervisor to formulate solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and business objectives.
- Assist and supports in the preparations of rehabilitation services for licensure certification surveys.
- Ensures adherence to OBRA and survey compliance for optimal patient care.
- Educates staff regarding Medicare regulations and oversees adherence to all guidelines for optimal reimbursement.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.
Amy Barrilleaux | Director of Talent Acquisition
Continuum Rehab Group
Email: [email protected]