PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital – Whittier, PIH Health Hospital – Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist Assistant I is to provide direct patient care under the direction of a qualified Physical Therapist upon physician referral.
- Ability to perform patient care utilizing correct body mechanics.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering care.
- Competent to treat a variety of diagnoses for patients who may be young adults, older adults and geriatrics.
- Physical Therapist Assistant shall be a graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in California, or eligible to take the examination for licensure in the State of California, with PTA license applicant document on file.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience preferably in a home health agency, acute care facility or outpatient clinic.
- Must maintain a current California Physical Therapist Assistant license.
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills, Windows and Microsoft products necessary.
For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.