Cancer Specialists of North Florida is recruiting for an experienced Phlebotomist for our busy North Florida location. The Phlebotomist is responsible for performing a variety of blood-drawing techniques, including venipuncture, in order to collect blood specimens from patients to be used for laboratory procedures. This position interacts directly with the patient to obtain background information, explain procedures, and collect the required specimen. In addition to blood collection, the Phlebotomist also maintains inventory and restocks supplies, prepares test order forms, processes, labels, and stores all blood samples, and performs any other necessary tasks as assigned by supervisor. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs a variety of routine aseptic blood drawing procedures, including venipuncture, using standard equipment such as vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes, and butterfly needles
- Interacts directly with the patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears, and elicit cooperation
- Utilizes standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; records appropriate collection information in accordance with established protocol
- Ensures that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintains specimen integrity
- Initials, dates, and times all collections as necessary.
- Processes, labels, and stores blood samples for subsequent analysis
- Prepares test order forms as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with laboratory and hospital policies and procedures, as well as safety practice
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- If not already a certified phlebotomist or without state licensure, must have at least one year of recent, directly related experience, including three months of practice gained in a clinical, hospital, or laboratory setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- If without at least one year of directly related experience, must have a Phlebotomy Certificate or MA/LPN/RN Licensure from State of Florida.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Cancer Specialists of North Florida is an “EEO Employer” and “Drug Free Workplace”