NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care.
Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist for our Lab Support-GB department at Glenbrook Hospital. This is a part-time 24-hour per week position and is benefits eligible. Schedule will be four (4) hours in the morning from 5:00am until 9:00am with rotating weekends. When scheduled will work eight (8) hour shifts on Saturdays and four (4) hour shifts on Sundays. Also requires rotating holidays and occasional local off-site travel.
In this role, you will:
- Perform a variety of routine and special phlebotomy procedures as authorized by the Manager/Director
- Responsible for ordering tests into the Laboratory and Hospital computer systems and documenting Lab receipt of specimens
- Collect patient specimens in accordance with test requirements and in a manner which is appropriate for the age and/or specific patient population served
- Collect blood samples for specific tests ensuring volume is adequate and correct tubes are utilized
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- CPR certification required.
- PBT (ASCP) certification preferred
- 1 year of recent phlebotomy experience in a comparable healthcare setting or demonstrated competency and proficiency in all Phlebotomist I job responsibilities
- Good communication and organizational skills