The pharmacy technician is an integral member of the pharmacy team. A technician is responsible for providing superior customer service and being a good team member. The technician receives and verifies prescriptions, prepares the order, prices and fills the prescription, processes any paperwork and insurance claims and helps in inventory management.
Scope of Responsibilities
The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW) is one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $130 million and employing over 300 professionals. Our organization also includes both St. Louis Effort for AIDS (EFA) and Denver’s Rocky Mountain CARES (RMC).
The unique, nationally recognized ARCW HIV Medical Home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. ARCW also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
ARCW operates in the states of WI, CO and MO. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes and achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Demonstrating the skills of a team player.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented and desire to learn all areas of pharmacy practice
- Accurate and efficient prescription processing. This includes collecting all pertinent patient information, provide thorough and accurate benefit verification, and processing prescription orders with detail, efficiency and accuracy.
- Make sure that all insurances are billed such that the patient has the lowest out of pocket cost.
- Fill prescription orders accurately efficiently. Insure that the entire order is filled and given to the pharmacist for checking in prioritized staging manner.
- Be able to work in a collaborative manner with the ARCW medical clinic and other ARCW employees that interact with the pharmacy.
- Be a positive representative of ARCW Pharmacy when interacting with outside vendors and clinics.
- Participate in daily paperwork and processes relating to the technician duties that help manage pharmacy policies and procedures from a legal and ARCW Pharmacy policy and procedure basis.
- Expert insurance knowledge necessary for pharmacy operations. Some skills include obtaining prior authorizations quickly and with good communication with patients and providers if warranted.
- Master ADAP and 340B intricacies.
- Learn and master all policies and procedures needed for processing prescriptions with standard insurance or the 340B program.
- Participate in pill packaging of medications for patients as needed.
- Assist in packaging and shipping medication orders to patients as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to type along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- An Influenza vaccine is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and is required thereafter on an annual basis.
- A tuberculin/TB skin test is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and may be required thereafter on an annual basis, depending on position.
- Certified pharmacy technician preferred
- Minimum two years of pharmacy technician experience
- Preference for specialty pharmacy or 340B pharmacy experience
- Preference for experience using EPIC Willow
- Bilingual skills (e.g. Spanish speaking ability)
Check out our benefits here: https://www.arcw.org/job-opportunities/benefits/
*Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift