Company Name: Smith’s Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Support the day-to-day functions of the department operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Adhere to all state and federal guidelines regarding annyal licensing and restrictions on dispensing drugs.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Follow the approved efficiency and accuracy procedures when filling prescriptions.
- Monitor/maintain patient profiles.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform shelf maintenance to insure adequate service levels.
- Perform daily operational duties under the direction of the pharmacy manager.
- Follow department policies, procedures, and best practices for all pharmacy operations.
- Understand and perform cashier functions.
- Increase knowledge and maintain current medication information.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Pharmacy technician license
- Continuing Education (CE) requirements must be on going
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail pharmacy experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening