At Custom Care Pharmacy, we are committed to increasing patient access to care, lowering costs and improving the quality of care. Thousands of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health— from advising patients on their prescriptions to helping them manage their chronic and specialty conditions. Because we’re present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our millions of patients every day.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration, Innovation and Integrity in everything they do in our pharmacies every day. Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician, we have a place for you on our team to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers.
This Pharmacy Technician – Level 1 position provides individuals with an opportunity to work in a leading company and in a role that positively impacts the lives and health of others. You will work in an environment where the highest professional and ethical standards are maintained as well as full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Pharmacy Technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Success for incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to promptly, safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. If you like working in fast-paced environments and demonstrating compassionate, genuine care for patients and customers, this job is for you!
Are you ready to help people on their path to better health? We are ready to have you join our team and help you on your career path to achieve your goals!
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Works with the Pharmacists on controlling inventories. Helps keep pharmacy well supplied and stocked. May order, receive and check in wholesaler orders. Logs invoices on pharmacy inventory log and takes invoices to store receiving clerk. Stocks pharmacy shelves with medications (including OTC’s) as shipments arrive. Removes medications that are outdated or have been recalled, processes paperwork for returns to the manufacturer or may also transfer certain medications to other pharmacies.
2. Answers telephone, helps with customer questions that do not require a pharmacist’s expertise, receives refill requests over the phone. Receives written prescriptions from customers, may obtain customer demographic and health information, retrieves and records information required before prescriptions can be dispensed, provides price quotes to customers. Rings customer purchases in the register.
3. Enters required data into the computer. Processes new and refill prescriptions through the computer. Prints prescription labels and puts on vials.
4. Assists pharmacist by retrieving medications from the shelves for dispensing. Prepares medications for the pharmacist to check by counting or pouring medications. After the pharmacist checks the prescription, the technician returns the medications to their proper place, places the completed prescriptions into bags, then takes these to the customer pick-up area. Scans prescription into HIPAA computer, helps customer with electronic signature capture.
5. Provides custom packaging of medications using robotic interfacing software, manually packs medications in punch cards for use by long term care facilities.
6. Helps pharmacist with weekly paperwork. Prepares manual insurance claims, files written prescription forms after the prescriptions are dispensed.
7. Performs minor housekeeping duties in the pharmacy as needed.
8. Serves as backup for delivery drivers. A valid drivers license in good standing is required.
Qualifications and Skills
Attention to detail is essential. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with customers in person and on the telephone. Must have good working knowledge of computers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional demeanor, dependable and able to maintain confidential information.
- Well organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be flexible, detailed and adapt to fast paced environment
- Valid drivers license in good standing is required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach and grasp
- Operate equipment such as computer, register, etc.
- Stand for long periods of time with some walking
- Telephone usage for inbound and outbound calling is required
- Some tolerance for stress
- Hearing (auditory)
- Sight or peripheral vision
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required