Hours: Monday – Friday 7:15 am to 4:15 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm/Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
(Availibility to work a flexible schedule which includes all hours of banking center operation including Saturdays)
Prosperity Bank is seeking to fill the position of Full Time Personal Banker I at our Weatherford banking center.
The Personal Banker is a branch based sales position that is responsible for building relationships with clients by providing them with products and services to meet their ever changing needs, and accurately and efficiently processing and recording routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments, money transfers and other miscellaneous financial transactions.
The Personal Banker is a branch based sales position whose primary goal is to acquire, expand and retain client relationships. You will take a lead role in meeting the branch sales objectives. As a Personal Banker you proactively meet with clients face to face and over the telephone to discover their financial needs through effective profiling then provide product and service recommendations to both individual and small business clients. Personal Bankers are the financial liaison to clients while providing world class customer service.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Personal Banker related duties (50%)
- Acquire, expand and retain client relationships with existing clients and prospects to achieve sales objectives.
- Take ownership of the client experience including on-boarding and resolve service issues as appropriate through follow-up from self and other View Point Bank resources following client transactions.
- Conduct discussions with existing clients and prospects to understand background and identify banking needs through effective profiling; clearly communicate potential solutions.
- Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the branch’s business plan. Responsible for opening new accounts (i.e. checking accounts, savings accounts, CD’s, IRA’s, and Loans etc.)
- Conduct outbound sales activities (e.g. phone out-reach, community events, meetings with local businesses) to establish visibility in the community and drive business to the branch.
- Schedule periodic meetings and check-points with clients to provide value-added services.
- Cultivate partnerships with segment partners (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Financial Advisors) to obtain and provide appropriately qualified referrals; meet periodically with segment partners to review goals, discuss strategies, and solicit feedback and coaching.
- Balance daily transactions and completes necessary paperwork for work transmittal.
- Follow all compliance policies and procedures.
- Teller related duties (50%)
- Provide quality service to customers and assist with financial transactions
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit; exam checks for proper endorsement, counterfeits, balances, etc.
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform specialized task such as Official Checks, Cash Advances, Coin Sorting, etc.
- Receive and verify loan payments and mortgage payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures and policies, including placing appropriate holds when applicable
- Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift and manage drawer limits. Perform cash buy/sells and verify currency
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer’s accounts
- Explain and advise on and promote bank products and services to customer; including referrals to sales staff and meeting referral goals
- All other duties as needed or required
Prosperity Bank is committed to providing our customers a personalized service experience, we’re looking for people who are passionate about satisfying customers, will not settle for the average, embrace creativity and operate with a sense of purpose. If this is you, then we are looking forward to meeting you and are excited that you are interested in joining Prosperity Bank – where we are Simply Better!
Come join our team and explore the endless possibilities that a career in banking can provide!
A pre-employment credit check will be performed on all qualified applicants.
Prosperity Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and Member FDIC.
Basic computer skills-ability to interact with clients using banking technology
Organized; ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task
The ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the client’s financial relationship.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement Act for Mortgage Licensing Act and its applicable regulations. Applicable regulations include but are not limited to: register for S.A.F.E. Act through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (the Registry), pass a criminal background check using fingerprinting, ensure that your information is up-to-date within the Registry, and maintain registration annually.
Excellent customer service contact skills: comfortable asking questions/interviewing clients about their financial situation: strong listening skills
Understanding how to present features, and benefits of products and services to clients with differing needs.
Professional, thorough and organize; able to follow standard operating policies and procedures
Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment
Ability to lean products, services and procedures quickly and accurately; explain concepts clearly to customers
Understand how to interpret numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions
A College degree preferred or High School degree/GED or foreign equivalent.
Minimum one + years Personal Banker experience or related bank sales experience.
Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings