Personal Banker – Credit Union
Starting Pay $16 to $19/hr DOE
PLUS Qrtly & Annual Incentives
7:15am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri (No Saturdays)
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out
The Branch Counselor (BC) role is based in a branch and is a key team member that works with other BCs to ensure superior service is being provided to our members. This role is critical to the overall success of the branch and will perform both service and sales activities which can include assisting our members with general inquiries, recommending self-service technologies, and processing standard credit union transactions.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists members of Farmers Credit Union through maintaining and executing knowledge of products and services.
- Performs day to day transactions for members including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Answers member inquiries and provides information in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures for statement requests, stop payments, fraud claims, insurance of accounts, and other deposit account-related needs.
- Assists members with all aspects of the loan process such as gathering necessary documentation, running credit reports, and determining loan rates.
- Balances cash drawer, branch vault, ATM, negotiable instruments, and daily work at the end of each workday, including encoding and proofing checks for item processing, according to Credit Union balancing requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure that member issues are handled properly at the first point of contact.
- A BC will use their strong service skills to build and deepen the financial relationships with our members and make every interaction with them an engaging, positive and an educational experience.
- Consistently provides a high level of service and is committed to increasing member satisfaction and achieving successful results in the Member Service Surveys.
- Demonstrates adherence to the branch service and standards in addition to enforcement and modeling of our mission statement and core values.
- Targets and achieves individual sales goals and supports branch sales goals by managing assigned member base and proactively uncovering additional financial needs.
- BCs will identify opportunities and take actions to expand our memberships, shares and consumer loan growth, through outbound calling, marketing, and referrals.
- They will also enhance existing relationships with credit union members in the branch by identifying financial needs and recommending convenient, efficient, and thoughtful financial solutions.
- Conduct sales presentations to new and existing Farmers/Select Employer Group employees to generate business.
- Provide recommendations to improve the credit union’s awareness in the Farmer’s building and community.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a financial institution required (banking and credit union experience).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer experience required
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/07/2020
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour