Del Norte Credit Union is seeking a dynamic Payroll Specialist to improve the lives of others through demonstrating performance excellence.
Del Norte Credit Union is seeking an experienced candidate for a Payroll Specialist position. The primary role of this position is to assist Del Norte Credit Union in living out its mission of improving lives as a financial cooperative by possessing a passionate devotion to providing outstanding and empathetic service to Del Norte Credit Union members and fellow teammates. The Payroll Specialist will support the payroll responsibilities of the organization, along with various other Accounting Department duties.
Job duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll processing to include but not limited to the following: time sheet review, audit all HR inputs in payroll system. Prepares month end vacation and salary accruals and payroll transfers. Maintain updated payroll department procedures & processes. Prepare various reports (i.e. over time) for key stakeholder metrics. Review payroll reports for accuracy, to include quarterly & annual tax reports and W2s.
- Prepare the 945 BUWH transfer semi-weekly.
- In support of the Accounting Team, reconcile various general ledger accounts according to department standards. Follows up and resolve problems timely and accurately.
- Maintain accounting records according to department standards and in line with regulatory requirements for record retention.
- Provide back-up support for various duties within the Accounting Department.
- Two years to five years of similar or related financial accounting experience; with demonstrated proficiency in payroll processing.
- (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills; verbal & written.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 10-key calculator, Windows and other MS Office products and applications.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team in improving lives, please complete an online application along with submitting an updated resume. No phone calls please.